Children are given the opportunity to develop the skills to operate electronic devices and multimedia computers to process information, aid research and present their work in exciting ways. Our school is networked to the Internet, which enables the children to access communication with others. Our ICT provision includes a network of computers for whole class teaching, which incorporates digital projection and an interactive whiteboards. We have a suite of desk top computers and a set of laptops which are available across the school. We make thorough use of West Wirral Works, the Learning Lighthouse and the Discovery City Learning Centre in order to ensure that the children acquire a wide range of skills which are necessary in 21st Century living.
The children have access to i-pads and ipods.
What is essential is that Computing is cross curricular and is used wherever possible to enhance all areas of learning.
Following the Natoional Curriculum we aim to ensure that all pupils can apply and understand the the fundamnetal priciples of computer science- abstracton, logis,algorithms and data representation.. They will be able to analyse probelms in compiterational terms and build up repeated experience of writing computer programs inorder to solve such problems. they will also apply IT to solve problems and finally we want them to be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
Key Stage 1
Pupils wil be taught to:
* understand what algorithms are
* create and debug simple programs
* use technology to create, organise store and retrieve digital content
* use technology safely and respectfully, keep personal info provate, know where to go for help if they have concerns about content or contact on the internet or other on line technologies.
Key Stage 2
* design,write and debug programs
* use sequence, selectionand repetition oin programs
* use logical reasoning to explain how simple algorithms work and detect and correct errors.
* understand computer networksincluding the internet
* use search technologoeseffectively
* select,use and combine a variety of softwareon a range of digital services to design and creat a range of programs
* use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.