Parents/Guardians are entitled to get free school meals/milk for their children if they receive:
- Income Support, or
- Income-Based Jobseekers' Allowance, or
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- Guaranteed Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with a total annual taxable income of less than £16,190 and are NOT receiving Working Tax Credit, or
- Have successfully obtained asylum status.
Grants for school uniforms are no longer available.
If you are a foster carer, and receiving a fostering allowance, you are not eligible to claim free school meals for those children you are fostering.
To check eligibility, you must apply. This can be done in one of two ways:
- You can apply online yourself at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral/
- Or, with your consent, we can complete the check on your behalf. You can download and complete the below form and return it to the school office.