Our Vision, Values and Aims
Our vision, values and aims are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
As we aspire to form an ever stronger relationship with Christ, we walk hand in hand with Him, striving for excellence in all we do.
Here, at St Joseph’s, we will:
- Ensure all are accepted and diversity is celebrated
- Build a happy, safe school filled with love and pride where children are excited to arrive and learn each day
- Create and develop a curriculum which encourages children to say, “I can” rather than, “I can’t”
- Develop a school that leads exciting and innovative education and commits to sharing best practice, inspiring others
- Foster a love of learning to ensure all children are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential
- Recognise the importance of working as part of both our local community and our global faith community in order to encourage our young people to show compassion, empathy and forgiveness to all
- Nurture each and every child to enable them to leave St Joseph’s feeling confident in themselves, resilient and ready to take on the world
This vision is built on the firm belief that God continually guides us to be the best that we can be.
The values that underpin our school community are:
- For our children to be happy each day they come to school and to feel safe while they are in our care.
- For our children to thrive in the learning environment we provide and for them to come to realise that challenge is a stimulus that will enable them to achieve the very best they are capable of.
- For our children to grow and develop into caring, thoughtful, responsible young people who have the confidence to realise their dreams and ambitions for the future.
- For our parents and carers to feel welcome in our school community and for them to both benefit from and contribute to that community